Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 2 - Keeping busy

Another day without a binge - no batches of raw cookie dough, no eating spoonful after spoonful of brown sugar, no devouring an entire pizza. Of course, staying at my brother's house makes it a bit more difficult to do those things. While I'd love to give myself a big ole pat on the back for having such awesome will power to not binge, I'm pretty sure it's more a product of my surroundings and simple inability to binge in secret.

Food for the day - still not another great total calorie day, but at least no major failures.
Breakfast - a homemade egg, ham, and cheese breakfast sandwich
Snack - Natural Valley granola bars
Lunch - museum cafe cheeseburger and fries (the fries split three ways)
Snack - cup of hot cocoa, one cookie
Dinner - cheese and spinach ravioli with marinara sauce, and another cookie

Now, I actually do love my veggies. Unfortunately, my brother and sister-in-law are not super healthy eaters themselves, so I have to make do. As a goal for tomorrow, I'll try and find something with veggies for lunch tomorrow while we're out.

Not a whole lot to say about today. This visit with family is great for keeping me busy and around people, which severely limits my ability to binge since my binging is always done in secret. It's not so great since we are eating out at least once a day, and I have little control over the meals that are being served when we do eat at home. There's no doubt that I am not-so-secretly hoping to have magically dropped five pounds by the time I get home after Christmas. A more realistic goal would be to simply have not gained any more weight. Not binging will (hopefully) stop the weight gain, but that by itself will (most likely) help me lose the binge weight. That is going to take a much more serious effort on cleaning up my diet even more and getting back into a regular workout habit. But despite knowing what my realistic expectations should be, I have a really hard time making those expectations a reality.

I am hoping that I'll get some more time in the next few days to write some more about me, why I binge, and some goals for my journey to a binge-free life. Even thought I doubt anyone is actually reading this (or ever will read this), I'm thought the idea of having an anonymous audience would help motivate me to continue journaling. Every doctor, therapist, nutritionist always says that a food/emotion journal is the key to figuring out your food issues. Even though I know this, I've always resisted the idea for some reason. Anyway, that's for another post.

Goals for tomorrow - no binging, getting some vegetables for lunch, doing some more museum walking

Days without incident: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment