Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Day 7 - Happy Christmas Eve!

Half of the day was spent baking Christmas cookies - that alone should be an indicator of how the day went food-wise. I feel like there's not a whole lot to blog about today. Except for the fact that I find myself getting a little disheartened about only getting a handful of pageviews since this started. But, I guess it's like magically losing 5 pounds the week over Christmas that I've been hoping for but not really doing a whole lot to advance that goal. I knew that I wouldn't be able to start a blog and then instantly have a horde of dedicated followers that would comment and cheer me on....but you know, it would've been nice :)

I mean, I guess that day wasn't too terrible - an apple and some cheese for a late breakfast, then a veggie salad and green beans for lunch, skipped popcorn at the movies, but ate a whole order of pad see eew for dinner (although I did give out a good hunk of my noodles), followed by a handful of cookies. So definitely could have been better, but also definitely could have been a lot worse. And I've been thinking a lot about what I will do when I get back home in two days. Will I hold true and come home from the grocery store with bags of fresh veggies and fruits and start off on the right foot? Or will I crumble and have to come crawling back to this blog, saying that yes, I binged on a homemade batch of cookie dough....just the thought is making me drool. Perhaps if I focus on the back fat rolls that will prevent me from buying all my baking ingredients.

I don't think that I can really set any goals for tomorrow - it is Christmas after all, and my family does not look kindly upon dieting at Christmas. I have a great supportive family, but they don't get weight loss, dieting, or really even trying to eat healthy. Hmm, is this really true or am I just using that as an excuse to not have to attempt to restrain myself at Christmas dinner?

Days without incident - back to 1

No comments:

Post a Comment