Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 5 - Big trouble in Little China

Short post tonight - although not technically a binge, I did out-eat my brother at a dim sum dinner tonight after more gorging on specialty cheese and Christmas cookies. That magical 5 pound weight loss that I have been hoping for after this DC trip is straying further and further into the realm of pure fantasy. I come from a family where protests of - oh, I can't eat any more, I'm full - are met with protests of - just one more dumpling, you can't leave just one....oh come on, you're not trying hard enough......but it tastes so good, try this other dish.... It should be no wonder that I have food issues. Probably the biggest surprise is that I'm not even bigger than I am now.

Anyway, I don't think I can recount what I ate today. I'll count it as a day without incident because there wasn't a secretive binge, although there is definitely some shame in my eating today. I honestly have zero confidence that my first stop when I get back home will be the grocery store to pick up cookie dough ingredients and gain another fifteen pounds by February. How can I get this to stop? Anyone out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment